Are you a South African expat applying for a UK visa or Indefinite Leave to Remain (IRL)? You will need to prove your English skills through a Secure English Language Test or SELT. Here’s some practical advice to help you ace your exam.
To do well, you won’t need to write essays, or read complicated articles. You also won’t need to talk about things which you never normally speak about. You will mainly need to talk about the things that are important to you. The following tips will help you do this:
• Describe images you see in magazines or newspapers. Explain what you can see and guess what the article is about.
• Talk about the things that are happening around you when you’re with friends or family.
• Talk about how things in the UK are different from South Africa. How are they different? What do you think of them?
• Describe your day to your friends or family members.
• Tell your friends or family simple stories in English. It could be funny or interesting things that people have said or done.
If you’re looking for a fast, convenient and low-preparation Secure English Language Test, consider taking PTE Home. Approved by the UK Home Office, PTE Home has levels of test A1, A2 and B1. It is a speaking and listening test that gives a pass or fail result, typically within 48 hours. PTE Home is taken on a computer in a secure and friendly test environment. And what’s better, you won’t need to prepare a topic in advance unlike with other SELT providers.
What’s even better, readers of South Africans in the UK can now benefit from a 10% discount simply by using the voucher code SAUK10 at checkout. Book your test here.
Find out more at: https://bit.ly/3xJlZ49
Join the South African UK map and subscribe to our newsletter.