You probably know a thing or two about the Queen of the United Kingdom but here’s a few less talked about facts you might not have known.
- Our beloved Mandela was the one and only non-royal to call the Queen by her first name. “He called her Elizabeth and his affection for her was warmly reciprocated.” said Royal Commentator, Richard Fitzwilliams.
- Elizabeth II is Queen of the United Kingdom and 14 other Commonwealth realms.
- The official wedding cake for the Queen was made by McVitie and Price Ltd., using ingredients supplied by Australian girl guides in 1947.
- Along with corgis, the Queen also breeds labradors and cocker spaniels at the Sandringham Estate.
- Margaret Rhodes, the Queens cousin says the Queen drinks a gin and Dubonnet before lunch with ice and lemon. She is also known to have wine with lunch too and enjoys a dry Martini and a glass of Champagne in the evening. According to UK government rules, this could be considered as binge drinking.
- The Queen revealed her favourite football team was West Ham United in 2009. Her admiration for the club dates back to the 60s and 70s when Ron Greenwood was in charge.
Find out more at: https://bit.ly/3xJlZ49
Join the South African UK map and subscribe to our newsletter.